Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Purdue

I don't want to explain it all now, but I'm accepted to Purdue!!!!!!!!
My mom told me, I get my letter on Saturday

I'm so happy, what an answer to prayer!!!

Any way, now I'll add on to this story :
As many of you know about a month and a half ago I was denied acceptance to Purdue, not just a school, but the university. Since Purdue is where I assumed I'd be going since like first grade, and I hadn't found another school I was dissapointed to say the least, I was really upset. I cried the day they sent me the letter (Thanksgiving) and nearly every day after that for three weeks I remember praying that God would magically reveal his will, or open a door that I would know he wanted me to pursue.

Christmas break past and I finally decided that since I wasn't being told where to go by God that I would send an application to almost every university in Indiana that I knew. Well, that was a monumental task and with my way of doing things I started giving Mrs. Toth these applications this week. My mom and I (through her awesome Purdue contacts) set up an interview to re-submit my application. She also changed in my file the majors that I stated I wanted to apply to, and added a Faith grading scale, thinking that might have played a part. She gave it to a dean of admissions to evaluate yesterday, and said that we would have the results in a few days.

Today in fifth hour she sent me an e-mail saying that she didn't have any news and then another one a few minutes later that said to e-mail her back when I got it. Well, since the e-mail was a couple of hours old I called her on her lunch break and she said that I was accepted. I was so happy!!! She explained the mistake that the admissions people made, that aparently they mistook my class ranking as my percentile in the class. Think about that I'm about halfway or more in a class of thirty that meant they thought that I was in the tenth, twentyith(?) percentile.

Anyway, I get my offical letter on Saturday, and I've been accepted to the Purdue College of Ag in (I believe) Ag Communications. Its ok, not International Studies (what I originally applied for), but I can do this for a year, semester, and still be going in the right direction. Its like the Internaitonal Studies that I applied for, but more specialized, as in only dealing w/ ag. Anyway what my mom fuond out about the mistake they made is that I would definatly have been accepted to my first major choice had they not screwed up.

When God tries to teach you a lesson he's really through!

10 Comments:

Blogger MEC said...

Finally!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

great pic

6:19 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

What pic?

7:25 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Feet? nice interest!

7:25 PM  
Blogger julio said...

sorry i couldnt bring myself to do a happy dance for you today. nonetheless im happy for you. good job, way to go. (really)

9:02 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Your happy dance sucks!!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger DisplayName said...

awesome possum meg!

9:32 PM  
Blogger turza said...

I'm so happy for my Megness!! Woohoo! were all college girls now! YEH!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

Can I be a college girl?

6:55 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Robbie are you accepted to college yet?

If so, I'd say you could be an honorary college girl, though like emily said its a little strange.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home