Thursday, April 20, 2006

Prom

This is way overdue. I got the opportunity to go to Tyler's prom last Saturday at the Holiday Inn Select downtown, a different experience from the last time I was there. (Junior/Senior) After a great meal at Applebee's (which I could NOT finish) and being the entertainment for the entire restaurant that could see us. Who knew little kids were facinated by people dressed up? We were early so we headed downtown and saw all the Passion Play people in costume out on the street as we drove by in an awesome gold Ford ummm. . . we could never remember what type it was(starts with and 'E') anyway we walked across the pedestrian bridge and debated what the 'floor' (?) of the ice skating rink is made out of. Went to the hotel and got to participate in the Grand March, I think its amazing that I didn't fall or trip or anything (watch now I'll sprain my ankle at Jr/Sr) and then I got to spend like five hours dancing, with no shoes which only made me realize just how tall Tyler is. That is, we danced until someone knocked over the lights and the dj's computer. That kinda finished the night, though there were songs after that.

As we left Tyler grabed the party favors (whatever) they gave us, I got a martini glass that says Prom 2006 and a picture frame in the shape of a star. Very intersting, but hey, we went and changed and then went bowling. Did you ever know Tyler can really bowl? I mean really, in our group he won both ( I think we played two games??) I came in third, out of five, only cause Tyler scared me and I got a strike (that's so sad, but hey, it worked!) We went for breakfast at at Denny's and IHOP, well, we went to Denny's and IHOP and watched people eat and I got home at five-thirty, and slept for three (possibly) hours and went to church, only to realize I missed it b/c I slept in too late and then to my grandparent's for Easter. I didn't get much sleep (could you guess) so I've been a little weird, like today I forgot my FMT outfit, b/c I thought it was Wed.

I'm glad I got the chance to go to prom, especially w/ Tyler I had an awesome time, I wouldn't have wanted to go w/ anyone else!

13 Comments:

Blogger La Profesora said...

Meg- you know i love you - but how do you reconcile dancing to the world's music? I want an honest answer. thanks. :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

Tyler can bowl? Uh oh. I think I'll have to...challenge him.

8:41 PM  
Blogger turza said...

i already heard the long version of this the day after, but im glad you had a great time!

6:45 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

When there were songs on that were crude or rude, we left the room. We got to enjoy a lot of sweet songs that people requested for their dates and some people sang during songs that meant a lot to them. I personally just enjoyed the time I got to spend w/Tyler (over 12 hours)that I normally wouldn't get except during school breaks that are few and far between
I got to see some of my friends that I know through Tyler and have some laughs with them, like when Tyler won prom king.
In all, I enjoyed a lot of the music played and I didn't use the opportunity to do things I can't at Faith, my parents were very glad I got the opportunity to go as well, b/c neither of them went to their senior prom and they never thought I would get to experience it while at Faith. (WOW, really long!) I went to the winter dance w/ him as well, so I got to get used to the idea of going to prom w/ him and find out what it would be like

9:14 PM  
Blogger La Profesora said...

thanks for your honesty, Meg. this has gotten me thinking - again :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Sage said...

if its safe (cause of other people)... glad you had (the word that seems to dismay many)... FUN!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just want you all to know that im no longer with james, i found the true love of my life, and his name is jordan

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for being such an inconsiderate and heartless jerk, and i wish this could be but it is not possible because i am so mean

5:49 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

CONFUSION!!!

Tirz, what is going on w/ you? Are you on something?

8:27 AM  
Blogger turza said...

yup, i'm on.....life??? ok so that's a really old joke. ha, ha...dont ask

10:18 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Why, James? Did you get in trouble? You're such a rebel

Tirz, yes, old joke, one that deserves to die . . . NOW

1:35 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

I had...dun dun duh...FUN the other day. (What?)

6:44 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Fun? W/ what? I'm confused!!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home