Saturday, June 17, 2006

Tecumseh

Well, now I'm officially a counselor @ Camp Tecumseh, trained and all. Anyway, I had a decent amount of fun with about sixty people that I don't know. I have to say that the first two days I really didn't talk at all!!! I was so overwhelmed and we had a lot of time being 'taught' in sessions that were common sense and very dull. They had to but the third day when we had our swim checks and the mud hike that REALLY broke the ice, especially the times were we froze in the pool and threw mud EVERYWHERE!! That and the hurried rinsing off in the lake that apparently has leeches we got to know some people a lot more than we planned. I think I'll have a great summer, just so everyone knows, I work July 16 through August 5th and I have Mondays and Wed. off from 5pm to 12pm and about 24hours from Sat. to Sun.
Yeah, well now to the sad part, rather than having about four or five weeks to repack and get supplies I have my 24hours 'cause I have to work this week too! I'm happy, more money! but this is the first week and I really don't know how well it will work out, so I'm a little nervous about the procedures, but I'm happy about having the kids there and getting away from the training (soooo boring!) Anyway, I need to take a shower and do laundry, and some shopping so have fun!

6 Comments:

Blogger julio said...

i hate that "lake"

1:10 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

It's not so bad,it got me clean, but I don't like the way the mud smells! It dyed me brown until I took like three showers and I got it in my mouth!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Hee hee yeah, now I know a lot of songs/cheers

5:03 PM  
Blogger turza said...

I MISS YOU MEG!!!!!
i really gotta go, nish is gonna kill me, but i just wanted to say that I LOVE YOU!!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

b'u"rp*

ew...that one had chunks. you can even see em on the screne.

12:32 AM  
Blogger MEC said...

JOE!!!! Gross! Don't leave that on my blog!

Yuck!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home