Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm so Proud

Ok, Tirz and I gave blood! I know, I know, you're thinking "This isn't the most mindblowing thing since sliced bread." Yes, well after stalling and delaying and demanding that Tirz do this w/me we came to the conclusion that we weren't going to after all. then realizing that we'd need an excuse as to why we skipped on church other than the fact that we were tettering on the edge of a major decision (I mean they stick needles in you after all!) and we had fallen. So we went inside and signed up (getting yelled @ for sharing answers about our medical history, I mean hello! it isn't going to change because of this form and I could share this with her @ any point and time, but oh, well whatever floats their boat) I know that the whole needles thing wasn't the worst part for me, 'cause needles don't scare me, but I didn't want to do anything that would poke the needle in further, whatever, plus you have to flex while its in there, and that just seemed like it would hurt!

Yeah, so I went first b/c Tirz was apparently too cold for the lady to find her vein while mine is like a neon sign that says "Here, here, here I am prick me!PLEASE! petty pretty please!!!" (If you want proof I'll show you my arm its right there, no poking around necessary) So the wierd guy gave me a foam corn that I had to squeeze, which was kinda hard, 'cause my arm fell asleep so I couldnt' tell it I was squeezing it or not. So for like ten minutes in the back of my mind was this Viking chant going, "One, two, three. . . . . SQUEEZE!" I could hear the drums and everything! Yeah, and for clarification, I'm not scared of blood, not my own blood, or other people's, I've seriously cut myself too many times for that. (In fact when the wierd guy wasn't looking I sqeezed the tube that carried my blood to the bag b/c I'm wierd that way and it was so cool to see all my blood in a bag sloshing around . . . it was really kinda sweet!) I'm not scared of needles, in fact I've drawn blook myself in BioII I have no problem with doctors, nurses, anyone *except dentists*

All that clarification for this, (do you all remember that story about Tirz in the hospital, and me passing out?) when that machine started beeping, 'cause I was done and that guy started to walk towards em I got a little dizzy, and then as I was telling myself to breathe and that I'd be done in a second, I couldn't see, and then my ears started ringing. . . and doing some really serious breathing a lady finally asked me if I was feeling ok. I responded, ummm. . . a little dizzy, meanwhile wondering if the wierd guy would be really mad if I puked on his shoes, cause puking on myself in that chair didn't sound too good to me. Unfortunately the guy moved and a few minutes later (taking their sweet time) I got a Sprite and some cold, wet, gross cloths on my neck and forehead. I felt a little humiliated, but hey, I've done it before so I was cool with it. I mean passing out isn't bad @ all. Quite peaceful, but that ringing feeling and the dizziness sucks! So I kept closing my eyes, 'cause I know that when I wake up I'll be totally fine and dandy w/o that headache and ringing so, why not? Except this nurse, though she meant well, kept yelling @ me to open my eyes, keep drinking and breathe. I quite frankly felt like yelling @ her to leave me alone, but I couldn't find the extra breathe to do it. Anyway, I finally got to the point where my teeth were chattering and I had severe goosebumps, but I was concious. Did they let me leave? Nope, I had to sit in that chair for ten minutes, and when I stood up I was asked a million times if I was all right, feeling ok? Then the fun part, they made me eat, regardless of the fact that I had just had a Sprite and a BIG dinner (w/ two Mountain Dews) they made me eat a cookie and juice, while telling me to not skip any meals the next day, whatever. . . . laddie freakin da! So I'm proud of myself, though we didn't get another story out of it, it was mildly amusing and took like an hour or so. Oooo and we tried to watch Rocketman (the best movie EVER!) but, oh well I'll rent it the next time Tirz comes over.

In case you're dying to know what I did Thurs. I went to the State Fair and saw Tyler, and color-coded eggs (ask me or Tyler later) and had fun avoiding relatives (yet another story) yeah, so call me 'cause I'm too lazy to dial a number after typing this (I think a nap is in order)
God Bless!

8 Comments:

Blogger MEC said...

I was a little worried, but not too bad. I think its 'cause in the back of my mind I was afraid something like this would happen

11:35 AM  
Blogger yoshi said...

dito on the being nice part.

i'm leaving tomorrow...well today, acutally. mayne i'll get your books back to you at thanksgiving...i'll try. sorry.

12:40 AM  
Blogger turza said...

what you forgot to say meg is that the whole time you were sitting there drinking sprite they were kneeding my arm for more blood.

good post i laughed :)

11:44 AM  
Blogger MEC said...

I'm glad you laughed, and I'm REALLY sad you are all leaving. . . the fun's just getting started!

Joe, I'll just have to break into your house sometime and steal them back

I'm not nice, I'm just good @ faking it, in fact I think awful sarcastic comments constantly, but I figure if I want some friends I should shut up!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sage said...

hello dhere

10:08 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

hello?

10:47 PM  
Blogger turza said...

POST AGAIN DARN YOU

7:58 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

NEVER

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home